How circus skills workshops benefit your pupils:
· Motivates children who may not be interested in conventional sports
· Develops skills through structured activities
· Builds confidence and inspires creativity
· Improves cardiovascular fitness, co-ordination and motor skills
· Provides fun, inclusive activities which every child can enjoy
Supporting the physical education curriculum:
· Acquiring, developing, selecting and applying skills
· Evaluating and improving performance
· Playing and working co-operatively
Teachers can use Circus skills workshops to link to other subjects in addition to PE: e.g. science (gravity), mathematics (patterns and logical thinking), music (exploring and expressing ideas and feelings about music using movement) and PSHE (developing confidence and responsibility and making the most of their abilities). Our workshops will help schools to achieve their Every Child Matters outcomes.
Learning for life:
· Pupils work individually and in groups, setting goals and supporting others
· Teamwork promotes good behaviour and supports anti-bullying strategies
· Every child will discover a skill at which they can succeed
· Skills can be built on to produce performances and set up a school circus club, involving parents and the wider community
Circus skills workshops can assist significantly in your school’s physical education and cross-curricular aims: to develop confident, healthy young people who enjoy an active lifestyle. These workshops will engage your pupils in teamwork, co-operation and creative thinking, enriching their learning and their lives.
The benefits of juggling are clearly shown in the recent teachers.tv program 'Juggling with Success' Click to see the program.